1. You start your novel with the enthusiasm and energy of a 7-year-old hopped up on sugar packets.
2. Quickly becoming rather impressed with yourself.
3. …Then the distractions come. Mostly social media, even the ones you never used to use.
4. Then the sugar high wears off and you remember that it’s really hard.
5. So you spend your time doing “valuable research.”
6. Now you just accept it.
7. No matter how urgent, your novel can always wait until later.
8. Then you feel guilty. So you rationalize it.
9. Then you get the kick you need to start writing again.
10. And you’re flying.
11. And you’re convinced your novel is going to be bigger than Harry Potter. It’s going to be HUUUUUUUGE.
12. So you follow your notes and outline, and push yourself to your limits.
13. And you finally reach The End, although you’re a little beaten up.
14. And then you make sure that when your friends ask how it went, you put on a good face.
Question(s) of the day: Any of these familiar to you? Which one hits closest to home?